Review 2020; a year of sewing

In numbers:

for me:                     36          of which 12 dresses                 
for my family:          13         of which 4 coats
for my daughter:      32         of which 17 dresses and 4 coats.
Total                         81 garments
 
 

Top 8 favorite garments:

 

   

Did I wear my garments?

The garments I wore a lot were short dresses. Easily worn over leggings and under a cardigan. 
Also (maxi) skirts I really love.
The garments I really loved, but haven't worn that much were mainly because they were not very practical to wear in everyday live, like amazing dressed up dresses that need a party to wear, but...2020 ya know.
The garments that I did not wear a lot were because of various reasons. Either the quality of the garment wasn't that well, or it didn't really looked good on me. Sewing a lot this year and really for the first time for me, making some mistakes was bound to happen. 
So for next year find more patterns that look good on me and go from there.

Did my family wear my garments?

For my girl I found that I love most of the garments I made for her. Perhaps it is easier to make beautiful but practical garments for her since everything looks good on her. 
For the rest of my family I loved most of the garments, mostly because they were copies of my dresses for my sis. This way she could fit my version before making hers. I did dislike one dress because it turned out much smaller then anticipated (and had not made a copy for me first). 
Also my man's shirt was a bit difficult to make and don't really like the quality of the sewing and especially the collar. 
Also: all the coats I made for everybody. I really love all eight!!! of them.
So next year perhaps a bit more challenging patterns and add some vintage patterns? 
Improve my mens shirt making skills. 
 

Vintage patterns in numbers:

vintage reprint                7
vintage originals             8
modern day (+2000)      66

I already started to make some vintage dresses for my girl and definitely want to keep that up. I really like the 60's and 70's style on her.
Overview all the made vintage patterns.

Patterns company:

Mostly Burda which is no surprise. I love their style, I know the sizing and the patterns (magazines) are very accessible as they are in every supermarket or bookshop.
Vogue because I made three V1669 coats three V9253 dresses or skirts. 
La Maison Victor because I made three christmas pajamas.
Fibre Mood because I loved the Elma dresses.
Marion because of the vintage patterns I made from the fabrics from the santabox.
Next year perhaps keep an eye out for other companies? I little bit more independent companies perhaps?
 

Goals for 2020

I've made 2,5 different make 9 grids, one for me, one for my girl and a halve one for the rest of my family.
Also a sewing bingo.
All these posts you can find here: Sewing goals 2020.

 

Overview blogs for 2020

Burda 2020 (all the line drawings and previews)

Overview pages for 2020

Sewing goals 2020 (with sewing bingo and make 9)
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts