Pattern review: Marion 09/1970 kids vintage dress

 


I love this pinafore. It was my first pattern using this magazine, so I didn't want to start with the most difficult one. I really like how it turned out. Also a first: working with corduroy. It frayed a lot, but looks really nice finished.


The pattern

Vintage jumper style dress. It was featured in a Dutch, monthly sewing magazine called Marion.

Additional info:
  • 4yo
  • Recommended fabrics: wovens
  • Rated -
  • Marion September 1970


The fabric

Corduroy in dark blue of stoffenspektakel. I used 2 meters for this and my pinafore dress.

Pattern instructions

No instructions in these vintage magazines, but only a fabric layout. So here it goes:
Pockets and button plackets are sewn with a thin cotton layer to make it easier to turn seam allowances. I sew the neck opening of the facing and dress and used a burrito roll for the arm openings. 


Fit

I think it fits almost the same as more modern 4yo dresses which means it is a bit big. The style of the dress is very short, so it not a big problem.

 

Conclusion 

Yay vintage dresses are not just for adults. Next time: don't forget a zipper.

 






Other posts

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts