Sew along: Marion 09/1970 kids vintage dress

 

Cutting the pattern 

I cut out this pattern with my pinafore so I could make it a bit more economically. I took care to get the front and the back on the same direction because of a nap. I couldn't see it inside but perhaps you can see the nap outside making the fabric look like a different color.

 

I used cotton for a backing to make it easier to tuck in the seam allowances for the pockets and button plackets.

The facings are finished with bias binding.

Two darts in the back near the shoulder.




















 
Sew the shoulders of the dress and the facings. Sew the neck openings.

Sew the facing to the dress at the arm openings using the burrito roll method. The roll contains the other strap and will be pulled through. Lastly sew the sides of the dress and hem. 



Other posts

 

Comments

Popular Posts