Pattern review: Fibre Mood #10: Elma dress

 
 
The pattern
Elma is romantic and retro too... And yet she’s still totally on trend – with adorable puffed sleeves, a sweetheart neckline at the front and a U-shaped opening at the back. Elma also has darts down the front and back, a button closure at the front and flares towards the hemline. She looks divine in a longer version and – wonder of wonders – can easily be transformed into a charming top too.
 
Additional info:
  • 32 - 58 (EU) 0 - 26 (US) 4 - 30 (UK). I made a size 48 (EU). I find their finished garment sizing to be a bit smaller than suggested (out of the two dresses I've made)
  • Recommended Fabrics : wovens
  • Featured in Fibre Mood #10 and pdf download
  • Rated 2/5

The fabric
 

Pattern instructions
Fibre Mood has elaborate instructions, but only the diagrams are printed in the magazine. For most, these are sufficient. The written instructions and the fabric lay-out are available on their site. So compaired to other magazines (like Burda) Fibre Mood has more complete and easier instructions.
Getting started (like finding the pattern pieces on the sheets and so on) is different than I'm used to in other magazines, so it does take a bit of time to understand their work method. When figured out, it is a breeze.

Fit
I find the finished sizing a bit smaller than in the charts. Both dresses from Fibre Mood were a bit tight in the chest area. Other, I really like the fit.
Conclusion 
I really love this dress and I'm so glad I finished it for the winter. I'm sure I will make more versions of it.




Other posts:


 

Comments

Popular Posts