Sewing Bingo 2020: update december 2020

 

So patsypoomakes created a lovely sewing Bingo in 2020, where it wasn't as much about making nine specific patterns, but more suggestions to inspire you. She made categories like a first or a print and she made it easier to fit these challenges into your level of sewing, amount of time and skill set.  

1, A first

Wow, many many firsts since I haven't been sewing that long. I think this 1951's dress really took my sewing to the next level. I used instructions from a 1951 booklet, drew my own pattern AND used piping in the dress

 
2, Longtime coming.  
 

I thought of buttonholes? I really wanted to make nice buttonholes but my old. very cheap machine did not have an option. It was the reason I got my new Singer as a birthday present. 

3, Print
 

All the African Wax. I discovered this fabric in 2018 and my first projects in wax were sewn in 2019. I have made so many dresses and skirts in the fabric, but this one might be my favorite.


4, Fabric from stash (no reviews)
Hmm difficult. I had bought some (gender neutral) kids jerseys in beginning of 2018 and realized I didn’t really like them that much. I made a grey napa romper with bombs and I really liked how it turned out. It lifted the fabric up and she wore it a lot. 
Also I made my first full circle skirt with a fabric I had bought since 2 years I think. I really loved the fabric, but was afraid to cut into it. Since it was 40 inch wide and 40 inch long it was perfect for a circle skirt.


5, Solids

Yes, very much a challenge for me. I did go all the way with my fall wardrobe though. I loved the solids, but only because they were textured.


6, More involved

 

Oef, I think the one that gave up the biggest fight was the collar on my DH's shirt. I will not let it get me though and will make more versions.

 7, Quick and easy

 

I think the quickest made was my Senja outfit. I used a pattern for the top and the skirt is a rectangular gathered skirt with a tunnel for elastic.

8, A repeat

Yes, I love to say one of my TNT is Vogue 1669. I loved my first version so much. I convinced everyone to get one to. More patterns I used more than once were V9253 (2 skirts and 1 dress in 2020), LLK's Napa romper, M1963 shirtdress and VVT's valentina coat.

9, A pattern from stash

Hmmm, I got quite a big pattern stash. I think I'm quite proud to make something from a 1955's Burda magazine. It didn't have the instructions including those that would state which one of the 400 different drawn pieces belong to which dress. I'm really proud I did find some complete dresses and definitely will make more garments from this issue.

Comments

Popular Posts