Pattern review: Burda vintage 50's: beach outfit Capri


The pattern
Short jumpsuit with zipper in side and halter neck. Skirt with button closure


Additional info:
  • EU 34-42. I sized up to a 48.
  • Recommended Fabrics : Lightweight like viscose or cotton.
  • Featured in Burda Vintage 50's and originally in Burda 5/1950
The fabric
  • African Dutch wax in blue and golden yellow.
  • White cotton for contrast.
I made both pieces from 3 yards of fabric.



Pattern instructions
For Burda they are rather elaborated. The numbers on the corners of the pieces tell which part goes where and is pretty much self explanatory. I mean, there is a song about it right: the back skirt connects to the... front skirt. In these instructions they went a little deeper in the contrast bands which was good. It did take me a couple of reads to figure out which way to fold the contrast bands.


Fit
It is a snug fit, like on the pictures. But true to Burda, their sizing is on point. I am 173 or 5'8" and next time I might make the top just a bit longer.

Conclusion
Wow, what a beautiful pattern. I love the short jumpsuit and dressing it up with a skirt in the same fabric makes it such a beautiful garment. Love the contrasts





Other posts

Challenges:


Comments

Popular Posts