Pattern review: Burda 06/2020: men's shirt 128:

The pattern
Dress shirt with lapels and button closure

Additional info:
  • EU 48-56
  • Recommended Fabrics : Lightweight like viscose or cotton.
  • 3/4 difficulty
  • pdf download and featured in Burda June 2020

The fabric
A light green poplin cotton.

Pattern instructions
Magazine's instructions are always very minimal. I thought they were okay, though. Not very elaborated but doable. But I just struggled with getting the pattern pieces to fit each other. I knew how it had to fit, just couldn't quite get it to fit. I had especial difficulty with the curves of the collar. It pulled and folded over during sewing. I cut the seam allowance smaller to see if it would follow the curves better, but it still wasn't as crisp as I want it to be. Even the sleeves were difficult to set. Not the technique, but again the curves. Perhaps it was my inexperience with men's shirts.

Fit
It is a loose fitted shirt and loose enough to his taste.

Conclusion
I will make more shirts for DH, just not this pattern. Will see if I can find a pattern that works better for me.



Other posts:


Comments

Popular Posts