Pattern review: Burda 10/2020 118 pinafore dress

 

  
 
I think this vintage reprint pinafore dress is absolutely amazing. It looks so spectacular, but is quite easy to sew. I'll wear a blouse underneath to show of the dress or wear a sweater over it to make it a more casual look.


The pattern

Beloved all-rounder: the skirt with overlapping bib parts and deep pockets goes just as well with elegant blouses as it does with cozy turtlenecks. Those who like it more grown up can style them with high boots or overknees. The pattern is easy to sew and is therefore great for your new sewing project!

 

Additional info:
  • 36-44 (US10-18)
  • Recommended fabrics: wovens with wool
  • Rated 2/4
  • Burda 10/2020 or download from their site here


The fabric

Corduroy in dark blue of stoffenspektakel. I used 2 meters for this and my girls pinafore dress.


Pattern instructions

Burda's instructions are never particularly easy. In the fabric lay-out the corners are numbered that show what part goes where. That usually is enough to figure construction out.


Fit
I graded up to a size 48. Pattern does say it is very fitted in the waist and my french seams might took a bit more seam allowance than I cut on. I had to add a couple of cm in the waist.


Conclusion 

I love the pattern, the fabric and the dress.

Other posts:

 

 

Comments

  1. you look lovely! how clever of you adapting the pattern! greetings from Belgium

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts