DESIGN WITH ME: VINTAGE BOY COAT. PART five: finished coat


 

designed myself to make a vintage looking boy coat

The pattern
selfdrafted from a raglan t-shirt pattern. I added a collar, a vent and welt pockets. Also a lining with facings. changed the outline to be more of a a-line coat

Additional info:
  • 92 or 2yo
  • Recommended Fabrics :wool
The fabric
  • ca 0,50 meter wool
  • ca 0,50 meter lining
  • remnants for the collar



Instructions:
Adding a collar was not to difficult. making part of it fleece was more of a hassle to get it sewn. Welt-pockets are okay to add on yourself with a Youtube tutorial, but the fabric did not like being ironed. I could use more practice with making vents.

Conclusion:
I am definitely looking for a ready made vintage boy pattern as I do not want to design everything myself again.

Comments

Popular Posts