DESIGN WITH ME: VINTAGE BOY COAT. PART three: altering pattern pieces

 

Photos late at night. Ill explain it, and in the next part it will become clearer.

Changing front.
In the front I drew how large I wanted the overlap to be. I thought 4 cm from the centre would look good and be practial. The overlap is 8 cm then. 
I drew in where I wanted the welt pockets and where buttons would go. 
I drew the facing as well. The facing around the neck will also be 4 cm. 

Changing back
In stead of cutting the back on the fold, I added a seam over the center and I added a vent. The height of the vent is lower back. 
Also added a facing to the neck. 

Changing sleeves.
This particular pattern I lengthened the sleeves 5 cm. 
Added a facing to the neck opening and around the wrists. 

Added collar.
I drew the curve of the neck opening and made the collar curve with a larger radius so the collar would stand up a bit. 
I made the edges in 90 degrees. 
The coat side length of the collar is measured from the pattern pieces. 



Comments

Popular Posts