Pattern review: Violet Field Threads: Valentina Coat (nr 4)

 

The fourth version is stunning, like all other versions. It will go back into the closet and will be for the coming winter..

The pattern
The Valentina is a stunning dress coat that features a dramatic high-low hem in two lengths, short and long. Valentina features a cozy and fashionable funnel collar and optional waist sash

Valentina is fully lined, making it beautiful inside and out. It can be made out of warm wool, velvets or a lighter weight fabric for different climates.

Additional info:
    • 2-10years. This will be size 6. 
    • There is also a tween version with sizes 10 to 16 years.
    • Recommended Fabrics : Wool, velvet or lighter weight fabric
    • no difficulty given, but instructions are very clear, all steps are shown with pictures.
    • pdf download
The fabric
  • ca 1,5 meter fabric, stretch flaush in Rosewood from Textielstad.nl.
  • ca 1 meter lining.




Instructions:
Instructions are elaborated and picture guided. This was my first coat pattern and I learned so much from it. If I had to give a little bit of critique: The pictures in the instructions show a white coat (inside and outside) and white lining. Read instructions well.

Fit:
This is size 6. I found out with my previous versions that the sizing of this coat is similar to their dress sizing. That means there is no extra wearing ease to put over garments. My girl fits into size 4 right now, meaning I will make garments size 5 to wear over the summer and fall. I added one more size to make it wearable over clothing. The coat fits really well except for the sleeves that are a bit to long.

Conclusion
I have four more sizes to go so yes I definitely make more. Very recommended.


 
Other versions:
 


 





Comments

Popular Posts