Sewing planning: Violet Field Threads; valentina coat.

 

 
The idea
I fell in love with this coat the moment I saw it. I made a red version this spring as a practice coat and I loved it very much. I know I have to size up a bit as the sizing is the same as for the dresses so I think I will make a size 5 width and a size 4 length. I'll make it in a royal blue wool, the same as my MIL coat. 

The fabric
Wool, polyester and recycled wool combination. It has a great shine to it and lights up in the sun, by budgetstoffen.nl

The pattern
  • The Valentina is a stunning dress coat that features a dramatic high-low hem in two lengths, short and long. Valentina features a cozy and fashionable funnel collar and optional waist sash.

    Valentina is fully lined, making it beautiful inside and out. It can be made out of warm wool, velvets or a lighter weight fabric for different climates.
Additional info:
  • 2-10years.
  • There is also a tween version with sizes 10 to 16 years.
  • Recommended Fabrics : Wool, velvet or lighter weight fabric
  • no difficulty given, but instructions are very clear, all steps are shown with pictures.
  • pdf download
Violet Field Threads is an online shop for patterns for babies, tweens, kids, adults and dolls. They have amazing patterns and their instructions are Elaborated, like 120+ pages elaborated. It is great to start your first sewing project or make a more difficult garment for the first time. I had never made a fully lined coat and the instructions just take you by both hands. The site also offers some free patterns so please take a look.

 
Other posts:
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts