Sew along: Violet Field Threads: Valentina Coat.

 

 The idea

My third Valentina coat will be made from this jacquard fabric. I used this fabric for a skirt, but it didnt look good on me. 

The pattern
The Valentina is a stunning dress coat that features a dramatic high-low hem in two lengths, short and long. Valentina features a cozy and fashionable funnel collar and optional waist sash

Valentina is fully lined, making it beautiful inside and out. It can be made out of warm wool, velvets or a lighter weight fabric for different climates.

Additional info:
    • 2-10years. This will be size 6. 
    • There is also a tween version with sizes 10 to 16 years.
    • Recommended Fabrics : Wool, velvet or lighter weight fabric
    • no difficulty given, but instructions are very clear, all steps are shown with pictures.
    • pdf download

The fabric
  • ca 1,5 meter fabric 

Cutting the fabric.
The skirt is made with two side seams. I took out all of the pleats. I then put the seams on top of each other to have two folds on the side and two seams running down the center. This way I had enough fabric for most of the pieces. I had a scrap piece left for some facings. 
I'll omit the lining as I really like the inside of this fabric as well. 











Other versions:


 


Comments

Popular Posts