Sew along: Violet Field Threads: Valentina Coat (nr 4)

The idea
My forth!!!Valentina coat will be made from this stretch flaush. I bought the fabric for a coat for me, bought half a meter extra to make her a winter coat for next winter.

The pattern
The Valentina is a stunning dress coat that features a dramatic high-low hem in two lengths, short and long. Valentina features a cozy and fashionable funnel collar and optional waist sash

Valentina is fully lined, making it beautiful inside and out. It can be made out of warm wool, velvets or a lighter weight fabric for different climates.

Additional info:
    • 2-10years. This will be size 6. 
    • There is also a tween version with sizes 10 to 16 years.
    • Recommended Fabrics : Wool, velvet or lighter weight fabric
    • no difficulty given, but instructions are very clear, all steps are shown with pictures.
    • pdf download
The fabric
  • ca 1,5 meter fabric, stretch flaush in Rosewood from Textielstad.nl.
  • ca 1 meter lining.
Cutting the fabric.
I mistook the amount I needed for my swing coat, so it was a bit of a puzzle, but I made it. 

First day of sewing, outer shell.


 

Comments

Popular Posts