PATTERN REVIEW: BY POPPY #11; BLOUSE DRESS version 2 and 3

 


A second and third version of a dress I made last year for my girl. 

The pattern

Shirt dress with inserted gathered skirt pieces, full length sleeves and stand collar.

Additional info:
  • 104-176 (EU) (4-14yo US)- I'll make a 128/8yo (black version) and a 140/10 yo (blue version).
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, linens
  • rated 3/6
  • By poppy #11.
The fabric
ca 1,5 meter blue, purple and yellow poplin through Stoffen.net. I used this in a dress before that is why I am making this one in a larger size. 
ca 1,5 meter structured cotton (quilting fabric so less wide) through modes4u.







Cutting the fabric.
I cut the facing on the front part in stead of a seperate facing. I made the inserts wider as I thought with my previous version it wasn't dramatic enough.

Instructions:
Fairly well. It does make it easier if you have sewn a blouse before. 

Fit:
It is a pretty fitted dress. 

Other versions:
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts