Pattern review: By poppy #11; blouse dress

 


How about this lovely shirtdress. It is pink as pink can be, but it looks really well on my girl. Making a blouse dress from the fabric makes it a little less princessy.

The pattern
Shirt dress with inserted gathered skirt pieces, full length sleeves and stand collar.

Additional info:
  • 104-176 (EU) (4-14yo US)- I'll make a 104/4 yo.
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, linens
  • rated 3/6
  • By poppy #11.
The fabric

ca 1 meter pink cotton with white daisies. 


Instructions
Are sufficient. I looked for the collar stand on moodfabrics.com

Fit:  
I made a size 4 like I usually do. Sizing is fitted, but comfortable enough. Sleeves are a bit long, but I have to add some buttons.
 
Conclusion
I thought the inserted panel (front skirt portion) would be gathered more. I still like the silhouette, but it was a lot of work for minimal result.

 


Great dress for dancing.



 Finished hem and transparent color snaps.

Other posts

 

Scraps from:



Comments

Popular Posts