Sew along: By poppy #11; blouse dress

 

 

The idea

My lovely pink cotton was used for a shirtdress for me, so I thought it would make a great shirtdress for my girl too.

The pattern
Shirt dress with inserted gathered skirt pieces, full length sleeves and stand collar.

Additional info:
  • 104-176 (EU) (4-14yo US)- I'll make a 104/4 yo.
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, linens
  • rated 3/6
  • By poppy #11.
The fabric
  • ca 1 meter pink cotton with white daisies.
Cutting the fabric.

I like to turn the wide skirts upside down so the triangular shape of the skirts take up the least amount of fabric. It only doesn't work with prints with a very obvious up and down. I also put patternparts on the cross grain as the weave of the cotton is the same in both directions.

Sew the inserts in the front, flat felled the seams.

Inserts are less gathered than I thought they would.

Sew skirt back to bodice back

Sew shoulders.

Insert two-part sleeves.

Finish sleeve slit at the bottom.

Sew side seam with a French seam.


Fold cut-on facings.

Sew collar

Sew stand.

Sew cuffs.

Finished hem and transparent color snaps.

 

Other posts

 

Scraps from:


 



 

Comments

Popular Posts