PATTERN REVIEW: Fibre Mood LEGEND COAT; version 3

 


I have some brown wool that would look perfect for a vintage coat for me and my girl. As I am waiting for my pattern, I will start on her coat. 

The pattern
Twinning is winning! The Legend Jacket for kids is the adorable mini version of our Drew Jacket. Brave the autumn weather together in a trendy corduroy jacket! The Legend pattern is a cropped jacket and features two chest pockets, a cool collar and practical snaps. Want to wear the jacket in the winter too? Line the collar with a cosy wool fabric, so that you leave the house looking cute and comfortable.

Additional info:
  • 2-14yo (US), I use the size 8yo.
  • Recommended fabrics: corduroy, cotton and denim
  • rated 3/5
  • Fibre mood #6 or here: Fibre mood site
The fabric
  • ca 0,75 meter brown wool 
  • ca 0,5 meter cotton for lining.
  • A piece of lace I used for a previous coat. 
Cutting the fabric.
The lines are perfect on the coat, but the front and back sewn into a rectangular piece and therefore very economical to cut. Sleeves are two pieces. The lining is a cotton I loved as I used scraps from the very first dress I made in my life. A kids dress before I was pregnant. 




Instructions:
Very well and picture guided. 

Fit:
It is a bit large, but since I made it from wool I wanted it to be this way. I think it will be perfect for this winter. Sleeves can be rolled up so it shows the lining. 

Conclusion:
I love this pattern, it is so versatile

Other posts:

 

  

Comments

Popular Posts