Pattern review; Gertie's charm patterns, Lucille trousers.


What a wonderful and comfortable pattern. They were way to long. I cut about 10 inches, but was to much. Next version I will cut 7 inches from the middle part. 

The pattern
Swoon! These ’40s style trousers are so elegant, they’ll have you feeling like a Hollywood icon. With a beautiful pleated front, a generously cut cuffed leg, and roomy pockets, these trousers are both functional and flattering. Choose between a high shaped waistband (our special side darts give you an extra-curvy look) or a simple straight waistband.

Additional info:
  • 2-20 (US but they are larger than the big 4), I use the size 18 (normaly an 22)
  • Recommended fabrics: fabric for pants
  • not rated, but instructions are sufficient and tutorials are online
  • This bodice expansion is for Patreon only (a kind of subscription) 
The fabric



Instructions:
Gerties instructions are very good. As part of her Patreon, you also get video tutorials that make you very spoild. 

Fit:
The pantlegs are very very long. I took of 10 inches, but should have cut of 7 inches and I am 5'7'' (173 cm). Next version I will cut 7 inches from the middle of the legs and I will add the cuff like designed. I love the trousers, but it doesn't have the complete 'feel' of the Lucille trousers. 

Conclusion
Love the trousers. Next version will be perfect.


 Other posts

Comments

Popular Posts