Sew planning: Burda 02/1955: dress 8303

The idea

I had been wanting to make something from Burda 02/1955 as it was my mom's birth month. As Pattern Review's ''Endless Combinations Contest'' came along I thought I could combine the two.

To be able to put this dress in a chain of combinations I want to make the skirt and top separately. The dress would be mainly made from a bright blue linen with a 'Van Gogh's Almond Blossom' print and will be very heavy on the eye. To be able to combine the dress with a basic white top not only puts it within the rules of the competition, but would also make it more wearable.

Therefore I would add a waistband to the skirt and to the top so I could wear both without my midriff being bare.

The fabric
  • Linen with a 'Van Gogh's Almond Blossom' print
  • Stripe cotton.
The pattern
Wrap dress with button closure

Additional info:
  • EU 46
  • Recommended Fabrics : Lightweight like viscose or cotton.
  • Featured in Burda February 1955
Other posts




Challenges:






Comments

Popular Posts