Sew-along: Burda 02/1955: Dress 8303 - updated 9-7


This is how the skirt will look, a stripy waistband and button closure.

Cutting out the pattern
After tracing the pattern I could measure the waistline and I figured I was 'short' a couple of centimeters. I added these in the center back.
Next I found I had not enough fabric for the dress as designed. I bought the fabric for a skirt, but now want to make a top out of it. I shortened the skirt by 25 cm or 10 inches

Back side with the pleads and one pocket.

The skirt is not too difficult. I finished the front opening and the waistband with a striped cotton. The waistband was added so I can wear the skirt separately from the top.

The top has kimono style sleeves.

The front of the top has two darts, one from the waist up and one from the underarms to the bust.

The back has one (mirrored) dart from the waist up.

Try out. I will change my plans and will not use a contrast button row on the top. I will use it for a waistband as the top barely tucks in the skirt as it right now.


Added green buttons.


Other posts




Challenges:

Comments

Popular Posts