Pattern review: KINDRED RED: KNITTED CARDIGAN INTO A BLANKET

 


How fun is this blanket. It took me longer to embroider the crosses than I thought. I kept putting it away, but I like the outcome. I would really use this technique more if I had more patience. 

The pattern
Crux is a boxy, cropped, and gender-inclusive open cardigan, and uses contrasting yarn in horizontal and vertical floats to form the hand stitching motif all over. The cardigan is worked flat in pieces from the bottom up, and has German short row shaping at the shoulders. After seaming, drop shoulder sleeves are picked up from the selvedge and knitted in the round without shaping for a loose, relaxed fit. The sleeve ends in a box-pleated cuff to cinch in at the wrist before being finished with marled i-cord. The cardigan’s body is also edged with marled i-cord, meant to mimic quilt binding. The many yarn ends are French braided together on the wrong side.

Additional info:



The fabric
  • ca 1,5 meter fabric, big knit from rijstextiles.com
  • ca 1,5 meter fabric, wafle cotton jersey from Snoozy bought at goedkopestoffen
  • 2 skeins of rainbow ombre yarn 

Instructions:
Can't say for the cardigan, but I used an embroidery needle to pull the wool through. 

Conclusion:
Love the technique, now I will practise my patience a bit more and make some more garments out of this big knit fabric.

Other posts

Comments

Popular Posts