Sew along: Little Lizard King: Maui swimsuit

 


The idea
ALL the swimsuits :). I am making some Esther swimsuits for me and thought this pattern looks really alike. I'll make some suits for my girl. I used this fabric as a test version for me and was left with enough fabric to make a test swimsuit for my girl as well

The pattern
Maui swimsuit. One and two piece swimsuit. Bow back bodice. Lined front.
Option: Flutter sleeve, puff sleeve or sleeveless. 
Option: Leg flutter.

Additional info:
  • 12 M -  14 Y (US). I will make size 5. The one piece, sleeveless, leg flutter option. ALso I will line the back.
  • Recommended Fabrics : Swimwear + swimwear lining. 
  • Unrated. Instructions are fairly okay. Swimwear fabric works like jersey, swimwear lining is very thin and needs a bit of experience
  • Buy PDF download on : Little lizard king
The fabric
  • ca 0,3 meter fabric, Lycra/spandex (a piece of fabric about 90 cm x 50 cm)
  • ca 0,3 meter lining, lycra tulle mesh
Cutting the fabric
I had a fair bit of fabric left after my swimsuit. I put all the pieces on one fold. You can definitely make it more economical than the fabric requirements. I did cut the lower back piece in the lining as well. Bast lining to fabric and use as one piece. 

Other posts
 

Comments

Popular Posts