Pattern review: Violet Field Threads: Ruthie dress

 

What a lovely top. I love that you can cross the straps in the back as well.

The pattern
Ruthie is a gorgeous baby doll style top or dress. The slim band bodice features shoulder ties that secure in the back and allow for an adjustable fit. Ruthie has a button back bodice fit. 

Additional info:
  • 2-10yo (US). I'll make a 4yo
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, 
  • not rated, but very easy due to the elaborate instructions
  • Buy on Violet Field Threads
The fabric
  • ca 0,9 meter poplin with flowers.
  • ca 0,1 meter white poplin with blue stars. 







 

Instructions
Picture guided instructions are very elaborate.

Fit:
I'll make a 4yo. t asks for a button placket making the bodice band one size. This way it quickly is to big or to small. I remember the previous version I added a snap later on to get some more wear out of that dress. This top I replaced 4 inches in the back with an elastic band.

Conclusion
Pattern has some great options as well (for a scalloped back and flounces on the shoulder straps. 
 
Other posts
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts