pattern review: Naaitrends 4: kids dress


The dress needed some practice, but I really love it. It would look even better in a more flowy fabric.


The pattern
Summer dress

Additional info:
  • 4-6 or 8 yo (EU) - I'll make a 4yo.
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, linens
  • Not rated,
  • Patrones Pattern issued in Naaitrends (NL-version) #4 
    • (pattern sheet also says naehtrends #7/2018 and Couture Actuelle #11)
The fabric
  • ca 0,5 meter blue cotton
  • ca 0,5 meter cotton eyelet




Instructions
Not very good. Firstly it referenced the wrong pattern sheet. Then it talks about linen and cotton skirt where only one is drawn in the fabric lay-outs. It seems that the pattern asks for a cotton lining for the skirt. It is not consistently mentioned in the instructions, lay-outs and fabric needed though.

Fit:
I made a size 4 for my 2,5yo as I usually do, but it seems much larger and longer than on the pictures.

Conclusion
I really like the dress and probably will make it again. Next time in a thinner/drapier skirt.




 
Other posts:

 
Scraps from:

 

Comments

Popular Posts