Pattern review: Marion 06/1964: vintage dress

 


This dress is as cute as I imagined. This short length is a perfect tunic length as I will put a pair of trousers under it. I can also imagine it in a longer length.

The pattern
Dress with side zipper, gathered skirt, darts in bodice and scalloped hem. 

Additional info:
  • 4yo (EU) one size in booklet (other sizes were purchasable) 
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, linens
  • not rated
  • Marion 06/1964
The fabric
  • ca 1 meter green poplin
  • ca 0,3 meter blue flower poplin

 






Instructions
Vintage magazine, so not excisting. But it is a pretty straightforward dress.

Fit:  
I made a size 4 like I usually do. Bodice is a bit wide and therefore the straps keep falling off. Next time i'll use some elastic in the back and the straps.
 
Conclusion
I love the 3x waist circumference gathered skirt. Next time I might make a longer length skirt.




Other posts


Scraps from:

Comments

Popular Posts