Sew along: Marion 06/1964: vintage dress

 The idea

This lovely summer dress with scalloped hem is perfect for some scraps. I saw the pattern and I just had to make it

The pattern
Dress with side zipper, gathered skirt, darts in bodice and scalloped hem. 

Additional info:
  • 4yo (EU) one size in booklet (other sizes were purchasable) 
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, linens
  • not rated
  • Marion 06/1964
The fabric
  • ca 1 meter green poplin
  • ca 0,3 meter blue flower poplin
Cutting the fabric.

Directions do not ask for a lining and I did not have enough fabric to do so, but next time I would definitely make a lining. I tried to finish the inside as neatly as posible, but with a gathered skirt like this it is pretty difficult. I used extra seams for the scalloped hem and the dress itself. The skirt is about an inch shorter due to fabric shortage. 

Sew straps.

Sew scalloped bands for hem and bodice.
Seam allowance of the bodice is to the front, under the band.
Straps in between band and bodice. Topstitch bodice  in place.
No lining for the bodice, so the darts are bare.
Topstitch the scalloped hem.

  

 

Other posts

 
Scraps from:
 

Comments

Popular Posts