Pattern review: Burda 06-2020 coat 132


The pattern
summery coat for little ones, hoodie is lined with same fabric.

Additional info:
  • 104-128 (EU) I made a 110 (5yo)
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons like mousseline
  • Rated 2/4
  • Burda 6/2020
The fabric
  • 0,5 meter wool from cutehouse.de
  • 0,5 meter jersey from stash
  • cuff fabric


Instructions:

Because I left off the hoodie, the rest of the sew was pretty easy. I sew the shoulders, inserted sleeves and sew the sides (same for lining). Basted the cuffs and collar to outside shell. Sew lining to coat (kept a small portion open at the hem. Turned coat and topstitched outlining.

Fit:
I made a 110 (5yo), one size larger then I normaly sew for my girl and there is plenty of space to grow. I think it will be best suited for a spring coat, perhaps she can still wear it next year. Next time I would make the cuffs a bit tighter and longer. This way it stays better on the wrists. For now I can fold the cuffs in. 


Lol, my girl channeling her '90's boyband cool look :)

Conclusion
Nice coat for just (two) halve meter fabrics. I made it a bit longer since the fabric was long enough (50 cm). 






Other posts

 

Comments

Popular Posts