Sew along: Little Lizard King: Sedona dress - finished 27-10


Cutting out the pattern

I wish I had taken a picture of the lay-out. I really tried to get the most out of this fabric. I love the feel and the print of the fabric, but at €20,- a meter it is really expensive. I bought 1,5 meter for two dresses. For this dress I used about 50 cm of length. I folded it in halve (regular fabric fold) and put the front and the back part on the fold. he remaining fabric was left for the skirt. The total length of the skirt was about 100 cm where as the instructions ask for 170 cm. 


I made this dress before and I lined that with a crepe satin. It really made the quality of the dress so much more. I never had to iron it and the colors are very vibrant against the white back ground.        First step: sewing shoulders.


Sew the neck opening.


Turn rightside out and iron well (the crepe satin doesn't really iron easily though) Next: sew the lining to the fabric at the sleeve openings (far left and far right in above picture)

Burrito roll the left sleeve on top of the right sleeve.

Fold right sleeve lining from under the burrito roll.

Place right sleeve lining on top of right sleeve fabric. Sew the far right seam, only the straight line leaving the notched corner as is.

Unfold the sleeve. Do the same for the other side.

Pressing well. The notched corners are still open, these will be very short underarm seam and a very short side seam.

These corners should be aligned. Sewing the underarm and the side seam making for one complete sleeve.

It will look like this. This finishes your bodice. Sew the skirt to the fabric, than fold the lining and either handstitch to skirt or topstitch.

Other posts

Comments

Popular Posts