Sew along: B*Trendy #7; dress 1659 - finished 1-9

 

Cutting out the pattern

I decided to make a change with the zipper in the back. I have used zippers for all the kids dresses when the instructions asked for it, but I wanted to change that in this dress with a placket. I think it is more comfortable with a placket and (plastic) snaps, it is cheaper (zippers are expensive) and it is easier to keep snaps in the right color in storage (other then a number of zippers in different lengths and colors).

I hope the snaps will stay and keep the dress closed as well as a zipper. To do this I will cut an extra placket for the back.  

So the pieces are, 
1, bodice back and front
2, skirt back and front
3, sleeves
4, placket for the sleeve opening and small cuff for the sleeves
5, bias binding for the neck opening
6, placket for the back opening (my addition).
 
The sleeves.
Make the placket for the sleeve opening. Cut the sleeve opening and fold it open so you will have a straight line.

 Fold the placket under and topstitch in place. The right side will look like this.

 Wrong side:

 Fold placket like this:

Attach cuff.

Fold over and top stitch.

Sew top to skirts. Make placket in back seam.

French seams.

French seams in sleeves. First seam.

French seams in sleeves. First seam.

French seams in sleeves. Second seam.

Sew neck binding.

 Other posts:


Comments

Popular Posts