Burdastyle 7/2018: picking a pattern for generation challenge

So after I browsed through Burda 7/2018 I concluded that blog with my top picks from that issue. Those were the patterns I definitely see myself making. They don't necessarily fit into this challenge in my opinion.

I selected a couple of retro outfits for example, like the skirt pictures above. For this challenge I want to make something that is quintessential 2018. Looking back so few years it is a bit difficult to imagine what my daughter would think of fashion of the 10's. So first I have looked around the internet a bit.


The styles
High waisted and loose pants became fashionable.
So did the wrap dresses and tops.
High-low hems in dresses and coats.
And lastly did the jumpsuit.


The colors or prints
A navy color and the navy style was pretty trendy.

Lavender color was all to be seen on the runways in 2018. This is a dress from ERDEM spring collection.
Pantone selected ultra violet as color of the year.

And Burda style 07/2018 offered many of their patterns in a special dedicated to the color blue.

What pattern to make
Culottes 109 and pants 102 both show high rise pants
    
The asymmetric trend is shown in wrap shirt 107.


This issue offers two jumpsuits. One with flowy legs in 126 or with an asymmetrical shoulder in 101.


There is no high-low hemline, but dress 124 does have an asymmetrical hemline.

The winning pattern
Although some of the quintessential 2018 patterns I also chose in my top pick for that issue, I think I will go with a different pattern. One that shows the Zeitgeist a bit more and it is...

Jumpsuit 101. It has an asymmetrical shoulder straps and harem style pants.  I normally do not wear jumpsuits, but that is why it is a challenge.

The winning fabric
I thought the following fabric would be very suitable.

It is 'Tricot Jammio Stripe Dark Blue', ordered through Textielstad.nl.

All links to generation challenge here:

Comments

Popular Posts