Pattern review: B*trendy #7; Cardigan

 

I upcycled my skirt into a jacket for my girl.

The pattern
Long sleeve cardigan, rectangular, hiplength,

Additional info:
  • 92-176 (2yo-16yo). This is 128 (8yo)
  • Recommended Fabrics : knits
  • easy
  • in magazine B*trendy #7
The fabric
  • ca 1,5 meter cotton in two panels
Cutting the fabric.
After deconstructing the skirt I was left with two panels.. This skirt was one of the first garments I made for my self. It just didn't look right on me. I think it was because the fabric was to stiff. It was made from two panels. When deconstructed I was left with two rectangular panels, the frontside wider than the backside. I wanted to make a coat from it for my girl and used a basic cardigan pattern for it. Because the panels were wider than needed I added some pleats in the front and back to give the coat a bit more structure.


 
Instructions: 
Instructions aren't to bad, but copying the pieces from the pattern sheet is very difficult. All sizes have the same linetype and sheets are pretty full.

Fit:
As expected and a bit oversized

Comments

Popular Posts