PATTERN REVIEW: BURDA 01/2021: DRESS version 2

 


I made this in a green version last summer. I thought that version would be way to big, but it was actually on the smaller side as she grew out of it pretty quick. It was one of her favorite dresses last year (because who doesn't like cherries). I use this fabric for a dress for her in 2019 and that was my favorite dress for her then. So combined it must be loved for sure.

The pattern
Oui, mademoiselle! The dress with deep inverted pleats that are closed at the top with small side belts is simply perfect for little ladies. On cold days, a roll-neck also fits underneath.

Additional info:
  • 116-140 (EU) (6-10y US) I'll make a 128 (8yo) as size 116 was on smaller side. (She wears 116 now)
  • Recommended fabrics: Dress fabrics with or without elastane
  • rated 2/4
  • Burda 01/2021 or buy here
The fabric
  • ca 1,2 meter thin poplin. 
  • ca 0,4 meter cotton voile for lining
Cutting the fabric.

I lined the dress with a cotton voile in stead of using facings as the fabric was a bit seethrough. I omitted the side belts as I thought the print was too large for these details. The skirt are pretty big pieces, pleated at the top. Very suitable for stripes. 



Instructions:
Burda's instructions are never very comprehensive. I use the numbered corners and work from there. It is not a very difficult dress though.

Fit:
It looks a bit more size appropriate. It seems to be two sizes too large for her (as it should be). Maybe size 116 was on the smaller side or I sew it tighter. Anyway, she will grow into it quick enough. If not this year, then the next. 

Conclusion:
Dress is very fun to make. I love the pleats. 

other posts

Comments

Popular Posts