Sew along: Knipkids 3/2021 dress

 


The idea
Oeh, I love this edition. I found many lovely dresses I want to make. This is one of them. A fairly straightforward dress, but with a lot of options. 

The pattern
Wide A-line dress in two versions. Dress 8 has a poloneckline, pockets and side buttonplackets a front and backpleat. Dress 9 has a lace neck closure. Mix and match.

Additional info:
  • 98-134 (EU) 18mo-9yo). I make a 122
  • Recommended Fabrics : wovens
  • Rated 2/4
  • Knipmode 3/2021
The fabric
  • ca 1,0 meter fabric, cotton poplin from bypoppy through goedkopestoffen.nl
  • ca 0,7 meter remnant African Wax through Africanfabs.nl
Cutting the fabric.
Both front and back are on the fold in version 8 (poloneckline). But to save fabric I cut the back in two parts and sew them together. I used storebought biastape. I did cut the polo placket, but not the side button plackets. 
For the wax version, the dress is shorter and more of a top. I did use fabric for the bias binding.  


Other posts


 

Comments

Popular Posts