Sew along: BURDA 10/2013; swirl skirt

 


The idea
When I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it for myself. Finding the perfect fabric for me is difficult, so I made this version for my girl first, scaled down 1:2.

The pattern
Get maximum twirlability in this maxi skirt with swirling diagonal panels. It sits at the natural waist for a flattering fit and is a romantic piece for every day. Sandals or flat boots finish the gypsy look. 

Additional info:
  • 34-44 (EU). I graded up to size 50 and scaled down 1:2. 
  • Recommended Fabrics : wovens like viscose
  • 2 out of 4.
  • Burda 2/2021 or pdf download burda site
The fabric
  • ca 1,8 meter fabric, quilting fabric.
Cutting the fabric.
This is a huge fabric hungry pattern. I could fit three pieces from selvage to selvage and made three rows along the fabric. So it took 1,8 meter for a little girls skirt and I expect it to take 4,5 to 5 meters for an adult version. 

Other posts
 


Comments

Popular Posts