Sew along: Gerties Ultimate dress book: cherry corduroy dress -Sis' version

The idea 

I want to make my sis a vintage style dress as I think she will look amazing in it. After my version in cotton I made this version in a knit for my sis.

The pattern
Book with two parts. Part one is an elaborate introduction to sewing. Part two contains the wardrobe. 
Patterns are ment to combine at own insight. 23 dresses are given as an example. As I was left with some questions to what parts here is my method for numbering different parts

The cherry corduroy dress is:    
1.7    Princess seam Bodice       
2.6    All around pleated skirt
3.2    3/4 sleeve   
 
Additional info:
  • 2-16 (US) but is different to big 4 sizing. My big 4 size 22 should be a size 16. 
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons, linens, corduroy
  • not rated
  • Gerties Ultimate dress book
The fabric
  • 2,7 meter cotton jersey through naaiplezier.nl
Cutting the fabric.
Having 2,7 meter that was enough for this dress. I did play with the facings though, making them multiple parts. 


Sew princes seams




Insert facing.

 
Pleat skirt.
 
Add sleeve

 

Other posts



 

Comments

Popular Posts