Pattern review: Gertie's charm patterns; Stanwyck bodice


I think I will have to make some fitting adjustments to this bodice.

The pattern
This chic cap-sleeve bodice coordinates perfectly with the skirt so you can make a  wardrobe of fabulous dresses as well. Add the removable collar for even more options. The bodice is fully lined without facings for a clean finish

Additional info:
  • 2-20yo (US but they are larger than the big 4), I use the size 16 (normaly an 22)
  • Bustsize A-H (for a total of 5 sizes) I will use a D/DD
  • Recommended fabrics: light to medium wovens
  • not rated, but instructions are sufficient and tutorials are online
  • Stanwyck skirt pattern for sale on charmpatterns
  • This bodice expansion is for Patreon only (a kind of subscription) 
The fabric
  • ca 1,2 meter cotton 
  • ca 0,8 meter lining


Instructions:
Gertie has sufficient written instructions for her patterns. As this specific pattern was for her Patreon folowers, she also made an elaborate video tutorial.

Fit:

Ai, there are 10 'regular' sizes and 5 bust sizes. I think I made my size and it fits around the bust well, but is is a bit big in the shoulders. That is a problem I sometimes have, so perhaps next time I'll make a dart in the shoulders as well.

Conclusion
Shoulda made a muslin first, but I still like it.


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts