Free: Pattern review: Moodfabrics: Sollya Romper

 

Hmmm, my second version and still not how I would like it to be. (waist) sizing is way off and it makes the whole garment sag. The fabric 'saves' this garment. In a uni color it wood look horrible.

I didn't gather the front, but instead overlapped the front pieces. I shortened the sleeves. 

The pattern
You can't go wrong with a romper. This summer equivalent to a jumpsuit is an entire outfit in one easy to choose garment! Our Sollya Romper features a fitted waist, slightley puffed sleeves and pleated shorts for the perfect fit. 

Additional info:
  • 4/6-28/30 (US) (a total of 8 sizes) I'll make a 24/26 bottom with a 20/22 top and waistband
  • Recommended fabrics: linens, sateens
  • not rated
  • Download for FREE from their site: Moodfabrics.com
The fabric
  • ca 2,7 meter (3yards) African Wax






 
 
Instructions
Well it is a free pattern, so I don't want to nitpick, but they are not really good. I miss the instructions that tell what number to cut all the pieces for the lining. Instructions show a lining for the waistband and eventually you find out you need to cut a lining for the bodice as well. Instructions don't really show how to sew the lining so a bit of insight is requested. Also I would like to see a pattern lay-out since I think 3 yards is a bit of a stretch. I used 3 yards, but omitted the lining for the bodice. Those are some large pieces.
Also, seam allowance is not mentioned in the instructions, but in the comments below.

Fit:
Waistband is still to large. The charts put me in a large 22, but 20/22 is still way to big and this causes the entire romper to sag. Look through the beautiful print and you will see that it is very shapeless and not very flattering. The romper is a bit short (on the rump) but because I'm 5'7" that is a bit forgivable. For tall people: make a muslin or add some inches. 

Conclusion
Hmmm, I'm a bit done with this romper. Perhaps next year or in the right fabric I will give it another try. 
 
Other posts
 

Comments

Popular Posts