Pattern review: b*inspired #6: shirt dress

I used this cotton for a shirtdress for myself. I thought it would look very nice as a shirt dress for my daughter as well. It is way to big as I didn't dare to size down. It doesn't look very off, but should be an half sleeve, so in the closet for next year.

The pattern
Shirt dress with button placket, short sleeves and a high/low hem.

Additional info:
  • 116-176 (EU) = 6-14 yo (US) I'll make a 116.
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons
  • Rated 3/6
  • Pattern from b*inspired #6: summer 2016
The fabric
ca 0,8 meter cotton


Instructions
First time I made a polo button placket and although it has a picture guided instruction for this part I did mis some information. Because it doesn't say how large the seam allowance should be, I ended up with the placket off centered. Like most European patterns this one doesn't include seam allowance, but you cut the opening for the neckline from the pattern sheet (so with a seam allowance). I think the seam allowance is 1 cm, but since I added 1,5 cm it didn't line up. Make sure to work from the center, mark the center on the dress and the plackets and work from there. I wish I followed my instinct rather than the instructions. .

Fit:
As it is two size larger than her size, I can't really say anything about the fit. I doesn't look to off this oversized though.

Conclusion
Yay, nice dress for next year. 

Other posts.

Scraps from:

Comments

Popular Posts