Pattern review: Marion 06/1971 shirt dress

 

Ai, I love the pattern, I love the fabric. But it was not really a match made in heaven. The fabric was to thin and the collar and and button placket really ask for a cotton. I think I will make another copy of the dress in a cotton. For this dress... kids need play-clothes as well. 

The pattern
Shirt dress in two versions.

Additional info:
  • 4yo (EU) (one size in booklet)
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons 
  • Not rated, no instructions
  • Vintage marion June 1971
The fabric
  • 0,5 meter open work mustard jersey
  • ca 0,25 white cotton jersey



Instructions
No instructions in these vintage magazines, but the notches do help. The two fabric lay-outs for the different button plackets help figuring out what goes where.

Fit:
I made a size 4 for my 2,5yo and the size is about the same as the average 4yo sizing.

Conclusion
I lined the bodice with the white jersey, making it a bit less fragile. The skirt is still very fragile though. Just not the right pattern for the fabric.

 

Other posts

 


 

Comments

Popular Posts