Tips: what to do with scraps - star quilt - supernova and rainbow hybrid.

As I am sewing I try to keep my stash organized by working through the scraps as soon as the project is finished. When there is enough left for a garment, either small or kids size, I will bring it back to my fabric bins.
For smaller scraps I have a Sew-As-You-Go quilt that is a mix between a supernova quilt and a rainbow quilt. I start out with a Rainbow star and let the rays go out in their perspective color.

Left an example of Supernova and right a rainbow star.

I have made a template of a triangle. It's smaller sides are 2 by 2 inches. I only need one piece of fabric that measures 2x2 inches. Except for the middle, I sew one colored triangle to a white triangle to make a square.
I have drawn out what it would look like. Per side I can see how many triangles I would need of a color. 
If you do this, you would need 8 different colors, so you need to be a little bit creative in the rainbow colors.

Comments

Popular Posts