Pattern review: Homemade mini couture: mambo dress


Another lovely dress, a cotton this time. I really like the lace around the waist as well.

The pattern
Dress with cap sleeves and an arched seam in the bodice (which I left out). This part of the book has three different bodices and three different skirts to combine at your own insight. This is a gathered skirt about 1,5 times circumference. For a fuller skirt use 2x or 2x5 times circumference.

Additional info:
  • 3-10yo (EU). I make a 4yo.
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons. It does suggest a zipper.
  • Not rated, picture guided instructions
  • Homemade mini couture, Astrid-Fia De Craecker, 21/03/2013, EAN: 9789401406840

The fabric

  • 0,5 meter printed poplin
  • ca 0,4 meter quilting cotton for bodice and lining.
  • ca 60 cm lace.


Instructions
The book has picture guided instructions, but does miss a sizing chart.
 
Fit:  
I made a size 4 like I usually do. In cotton it fits pretty much like I'm used to. The previous dress I made in a knit and was a bit to big.
 
Conclusion
I like the style of all of these dresses and this cap sleeve bodice especially. I'll probably make more.


Other posts

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts