FREE: Sew along: Purl Soho: summer romper

The idea

All these scraps just ask to be made into summer garments. I saw the FREE pattern online and I knew I had to make it.

The pattern
These Rompers are simple to make, fun to wear and so perfectly chic, I can’t imagine wanting to add anything else to the mix. Plus, the free pattern is available in seven sizes, from 2 to 11 years, and features adjustable straps and an elastic waist for a forgiving fit.

Additional info:
  • 2-11yo (US) - I'll make a 4yo.
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons 
  • Not rated, very elaborate, picture guided instructions
  • Free pattern from PurlSoho.com. Find them here: www.purlsoho.com
The fabric
    • ca 0,5/0,7 meter viscose. (a damaged shirt from my mom)

    Cutting the fabric.
    In all there are 6 main parts and some fabric needed for bias tape. I cut the three bias straps on the grain as the viscose was so thin I didn't really think it would be much of a problem if it wouldn't be on the bias.

    Sew the center seams.

    sew the innerleg/crotch seam.

    sew the side seams in the tops.

    sew the top to the bottom with a bias strip. This strip will be the tunnel for the elastic band.

    Fold over the tops of the top. These will be the tunnels for the elastic on the top of the bodice.

    Finish the underarms with a bias strip. These will also be the shoulder ties.

    Hem the legs and finished.

     

    Other posts:

    Comments

    Popular Posts