Pattern review: Knipmode 10-2017 15 (butterfly) bolero


I wanted to make a cardigan with this beautiful butterfly fabric. I am not overly excited about it though. I had made the pattern before in a wool and liked it, but in this thinner fabric it really showed that some parts were to big. I really tightened the sleeves and changed the cuffs because I still wasn't happy with it.



The pattern

Short bolero with full length sleeves


Additional info:
  • 34-54 (EU)  
  • Recommended fabrics: wool
  • Rated 1,5/4
  • Knipmode October 2017
The fabric

Jersey with watercolor butterfly print through: familyfabrics.nl

Together with my girl;s tunic dress it took a bit more than 1 meter of butterfly fabric and 1,5 meter of solid.


Pattern instructions

The were fairly complete and not to difficult. I changed the front opening and lengthened it a bit in the back. I made the sleeves a lot smaller in the dart in the shoulder.

Fit

Hmmm, not really good. I changed the sleeves a lot because they were really big.

Conclusion
I hope I learn to love it a bit more because I do love the print.

Other posts:

 




Comments

Popular Posts