Pattern review: Burda 7/2020 126 blouse


I made this blouse in a very flowy and stretchy eyelet fabric. I intended it to wear under a pinafore or tucked into a skirt. Therefore I left out the tunnel and waitsband. In itself it is not very shapely, but I really like it under my pinafore.


The pattern

This knitwear dress with the flattering waterfall neckline and swinging hem cascade detail comes together with a bit of work that yields a big impact. The draw-string casing at the waistline adds a beautiful pleat accent.

Additional info:
  • 44-52
  • Recommended fabrics: jersey
  • Rated 2/4
  • Burda 7/2020 or download from their site www.burdastyle.com


The fabric
  • Eyelet jersey. Its very drapery and bought through stoffentijd.
  • I cut this dress and my daughters out of 2 meter of fabric.


Pattern instructions

The blouse is very easy to sew. It is a front part with cut-on facing, back with seperate facing and a tunnel plus waittie if chosen.

Fit

I made a size 48 (my regular size) and it is quite oversized. In this fabric it looks really nice. I thought the armholes were a bit large, but that is easily fixable.

Conclusion
Perfect pattern to show a flowy drapy fabric.

Other posts:

  


 

Comments

Popular Posts