Pattern review: Burda 10/2018; dress 103

 

 The pattern

Shirtdress with bishop sleeves

Additional info:
  • EU 72-88 (means size 36-44 for 176 cm long women) . I sized up to a EU 50, one size larger than my measurements for extra ease. It was the first time Burda let me down on the sizing. It was very small.
  • Recommended Fabrics : wovens and knit
  • Featured in Burda 10-2018 and pdf download
  • Rated 2/4

 

The fabric
stretch linen by stoffen online.
48%CO / 25%LI / 24%VI / 3%EA (lycra)

Pattern instructions
As with Burda, the instructions are not easy to follow. They do number the corners of the pattern pieces, so you can figure out easily what part goes where.

Fit
The dress is really nice, but to small. I never had problems with the sizing before and now it was two sizes to small. The facing on the front is cut on and folded twice (so an extra fold). Luckily I could unfold once to make it less small in the waist. The collar didn't fit anymore so I left it off. I changed the shape of the front to a V-opening. I omitted the ties on the sleeves and used a snap.


Conclusion 
I like how the dress came out, but it had to many size issues. Luckily the fabric is a bit stretchy so it is comfortable enough. 

Other posts:





Comments

Popular Posts