Pattern review: Knippie #3-2019: 20 Kid's Jumper

 

 

 

 

So what do you do when you get a new dress? You take her out.

 

After some heavy rains and very hot weather, today was actually a very nice late summer day. Not to warm, not to cold. Perfect to try our fall jumper out.
 

The heath / moorland is starting to bloom. First signs of fall are here.
 

The jumper is designed to give enough space for growing as there is elastic in the back for better fitting. Still I made it to large, but the winter is long. I will put a snap button on the back to keep the shoulder straps from falling.
(wet bum cause such is toddler life.)









The pattern
Jumper 20 is half knee length, has an open back, ties and pockets.

Additional info:
  • EU 98-134 (ca 3-10y) - I made a 104 (4y)
  • Recommended Fabrics : wovens or knits
  • Featured in Knippie #3-2019
  • Rated 2/3

The fabric
A darkred jersey printed with forest animals.

Pattern instructions
The instructions ask for a lining of the front and the back bodice in the same fabric. I omitted the lining as I feel lining kid's dresses quickly makes them to warm. Therefore I sew according to my own insight. The tunnel for the elastic might be the most difficult, but I like this construction very much. In the right size it would fit very closely to the back.

Fit
I love the fit very much. It is a bit to large, but the elastic makes the dress fit on the back even with the open back. As it is a fall jumper she will always wear a legging or pants underneath, but I will keep this dress in mind for later summers.


Conclusion
I love it more than I thought I would. It is a quick make, the back makes it a bit different and the elastic makes for a good fit. A definite love here. Oh and pockets....


 
Other posts:
   

Comments

Popular Posts