Sew-along: Simplicity 8452: 50's knit blouse - finished 9-7



Cutting out the pattern
The pattern is made from two rectangular pieces. I had already made this pattern before and I knew I had to size up a bit. Now it's such an easy sew, but pretty tricky to explain what the body measurements are on the garment as it wraps around your body.

So the slit in the back will wrap around your waist (red line) To increase the waist size I need to make the garment longer. The black line is the front opening, so to make the garment longer I need to make the cut wider.
I saved a sew by cutting the rectangular on the fold. That leaves out the seam in the front of the pattern (that will be on the back.
Sew the smaller sides together only on the top part. That will be the seam on the back. You will end up with a partial tube.

The top of the tube is sewn together leaving openings at the beginning and end for the arms.

Front looks like this.

I added buttons and buttonholes on the bottom of the tube that will be the opening.

Finishing the openings for the arms and the front opening.

Other posts:

Challenges:

Comments

Popular Posts