Pattern review: Simplicity 8452: 50's knit blouse.


The pattern
Very easy 1953 reissue. It is so easy, the original instructions are included in the pattern.

Additional info:
  • S-L
  • Recommended Fabrics : Jersey, stretch velvet.
  • Easy
  • Original 1953.
The fabric
  • Off-white viscose jersey.
Pattern instructions
The sew itself is very easy. You can't really go wrong with that.
Fit
I had made this garment before in a more structured jersey and knew I had to size up. This fabric is very stretchy and therefore I might just have made the smaller size again.
Button up or tucked in.
I added buttons to the front so I could button up the blouse when I didn't want or couldn't tuck it in.



Conclusion
This is a beautiful top. Use a drapy but structured (not to stretchy) fabric.






Other posts:



Challenges:



Comments

Popular Posts