Sew along: Mccall's 7513: fitted coat - finished 23-07


Cutting out the pattern
I want the skirt of the coat to be longer. I placed the pieces for the top of the coat in as much of a rectangular as I could. The rest of the fabric is designated for the two skirt pieces. Below the piece on the fabric fold will be the backpart. Above will be two front pieces, one to each side. The space between them is 40 cm (or 16 inches) That means I can make the skirt 20 cm (or 8 inches) longer.

First sew darts in part one (front). These will be the bust darts

Sew the side backparts (part 3) to the center back part (part 2). Note, the pattern originally cuts part 2 into two parts/

Sew part 1 (front) to part 3 (side back) at the sides and at the shoulders.

Sew part 4 (under collar) to the coat.

Sew sleeves (part 5) into the coat).

I don't line the coat as instructed, so I finish the sleeve hem.

Running low on red thread. Sew part 8 (above collar) to part 4 (under collar)

Sew part 6 (facings) to part 1 (front)

Top of the coat is finished.

Topstitching the collar and the facing of the lapels.

Finished front.
Finished back.


Other posts:


Challenges:


Comments

Popular Posts